[TYPO3-dev] checking form inputs with a spamfilter

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Tue Jul 24 13:40:56 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Peter Guhl schrieb:
[...]
> The major problem I see is the UI. How shall a found (and removed) file
> (virus) or content (spam) be reported? Is it in the responsibility of the
> form handling code? If so, how can it be added transparently to a complete
> site? A simple solution is to remove unwanted content from $_POST and
> $_FILES and add some messages to a global variable. Compliant code will
> process it and make a note to the user, non-compliant code will never see
> the viri/spam, but will simply not warn the user that her submitted data
> has been removed.

Yeah. User notification has probably partly be left to the extension.
Even more since it's not always sure that the feature using the scan
service wants to notify the user at all.
> Perhaps a globa logging option/feature is nice as well.

Might be useful as a place to put information the user does only check
when something goes wrong.
>> A problem may be that both things need a lot of local installation. It's
>> not done by adding a php class (except somebody wants to program a scan
>> engine in PHP :-P  Not that it's not feasable but it's not part of
>> today's standard hosting plans. So it will probably not be available to
>> typo3-beginners starting with a cheap hosting.
>>

> And so? If you're buying a cheap car you won't get any of the advanced
> assisting technologies (breaks, traction, etc).

Good argument! Therefore no real problem, only some food for the
marketing dept. ;-)

Regards
     Peter