[TYPO3-dev] checking form inputs with a spamfilter

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Jul 24 13:20:49 CEST 2007

Peter Guhl schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Peter Guhl schrieb:
>>
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> Some time ago I created a lib which allows to send form inputs
>>> through a bayes filter (at least under unixoid systems ;-) It's
>>> available from sourceforge, public domain, under the project name
>>> "spfgb". The point is that, unlike captcha, it works fully
>>> transparent. My guestbook is quite clean since then.
>>>

>> And of course it'd be great if we had a virus filter service to check
>> the file uloads.
> Definitely. Shouldn't be more complicated than the spamfilter.

The major problem I see is the UI. How shall a found (and removed) file
(virus) or content (spam) be reported? Is it in the responsibility of the
form handling code? If so, how can it be added transparently to a complete
site? A simple solution is to remove unwanted content from $_POST and
$_FILES and add some messages to a global variable. Compliant code will
process it and make a note to the user, non-compliant code will never see
the viri/spam, but will simply not warn the user that her submitted data
has been removed.

Perhaps a globa logging option/feature is nice as well.

> A problem may be that both things need a lot of local installation. It's
> not done by adding a php class (except somebody wants to program a scan
> engine in PHP :-P  Not that it's not feasable but it's not part of
> today's standard hosting plans. So it will probably not be available to
> typo3-beginners starting with a cheap hosting.

And so? If you're buying a cheap car you won't get any of the advanced
assisting technologies (breaks, traction, etc).

Masi