[TYPO3-dev] Switching flexform-DS based on cType?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jul 19 21:43:12 CEST 2007

> I didn't know where else to ask. I'd like to switch the DS of a flexform
based on the selected cType (text,text w image,table,mailform). My problem
is, that I'd like to add a flexform to the FORM cType and reuse the
pi_flexform field. But as soon as I add the db-field in TCA I see the
flexform for the cType TABLE. Is there a possibility to implement such a
switch as it is available for extensions flexforms?

> The following doesn't work:
> t3lib_extMgm::addPiFlexFormValue('mailform',
'FILE:EXT:'.$_EXTKEY.'/flexform_ds.xml');

> Do I have to modify the TCA of tt_content somehow to get that working?
> Any ideas besides adding my own field to the DB?

Check the "icecore" extension.
Everything you need is in ext_tables.php, because I had to use exactly this
approach to add a flexform based GIFBUILDER setup to the "ice_headergfx".

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de