[TYPO3-dev] development process

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 15:21:25 CEST 2007

Hi!

Andrew Tabachyn wrote:
> We are starting Typo3 project right now in our company. It should be
> 4 developers in this project. And we want to setup development
> process. We have such development process on our Java projects. We
> have something like this: 1. each developer has it's own development
> server on local computer with local database 2. we have building
> system like CruiseControl or Bamboo to build application periodically
> on test server for automated and manual tests. 3. we use CVS or SVN
> for source control and automation system also uses it.
>
> How to setup something like this for Typo3 project? Do you have any
> ideas?
 > 1. I do not know how to mearch local databases with test
> database. It is needed because in typo3 we do many configuration
> during development and we have to do mearches. Can we use one
> database for all developers? any Ideas?

Yes, you can. Setup standalone mysql server and use it in each
developer's machine.

> 2. How to build
> authomatically Typo3 application. We can use Ant and CruiseControl.
> is it OK? maybe it is better to use something else?

typo3 is written in interpreted language. there is no need to build
anything. You just need to get latest sources from cvs or svn.

> 3. What engine do
> you recomment for automation tests?

Take a look to typo3 command-line inteface and phpUnit.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/