[TYPO3-dev] development process

Andrew Tabachyn tam_ua at mail.ru
Thu Jul 19 12:42:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

We are starting Typo3 project right now in our company. It should be 4 developers in this project. And we want to setup development process. We have such development process on our Java projects. We have something like this:
1. each developer has it's own development server on local computer with local database
2. we have building system like CruiseControl or Bamboo to build application periodically on test server for automated and manual tests.
3. we use CVS or SVN for source control and automation system also uses it.

How to setup something like this for Typo3 project? Do you have any ideas?
1. I do not know how to mearch local databases with test database. It is needed because in typo3 we do many configuration during development and we have to do mearches. Can we use one database for all developers? any Ideas?
2. How to build authomatically Typo3 application. We can use Ant and CruiseControl. is it OK? maybe it is better to use something else?
3. What engine do you recomment for automation tests?

Thank you,
Andrew.