[TYPO3-dev] typoscript objects and static cache

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Fri Jul 13 11:58:13 CEST 2007

Hi Asbjørn,

It should work if you:
- have a search results landing page for your search box.
- have a landing page for your form results.

All other pages in the site not containing forms should be statically
cachable.

Does the dropdownlist actually need to be dynamic? Does it work when you
change it to USER? (just put lib.agents = USER)

What about the search box? Does it need to be a COA_INT? If it has it's
own landing page, it does not need to. In that case, make it a COA object:

lib.searchbox = COA

Hope this helps.

In the last version of nc_staticfilecache you can even cache USER_INT
plugins (well some at least, in special cases). Say you have a randomly
changing background (through a changing css snippet in the head) and
still want the background to change and the pages to be cached
statically. This would mean that you will need to make the css changer
object a USER object. And then you need to actively clear the static
file cache periodically. The cleaner script that comes with
nc_staticfilecache will actively clear the cache for you as often as you
like (taking into account the pages exipry time).

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/