[TYPO3-dev] Best practice for ajax use in BE?

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jul 12 18:45:30 CEST 2007

Hey Steffen,

as a side note .....

I did that one day for a project (3000 pages website)
on which each page could get a lot of comments.

Guess what happens to the typo3 cache :D

yes you can guess that... the cache grows easily to 5GB
just because typo3 caches the complete page for each variant...

that  was quite fun....

Ries

On Jul 12, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> hi ries,
>
> only thiing (independent from xajax): use links like
>
> then you have fallback with each lib.
>
> vg  Steffen
>
> "ries van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.7729.1184256484.29892.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> hey Elmar,
>>
>> thank you for your kind response,
>> I totally agree with what you say below.
>> However I don't see how xajax can help me in this particular case.
>> But I don't know xajax at all.
>>
>> The only button that doesn't work right now is the 'add to chart'
>> button,
>> and I do feel that can be solved without any JS at all.
>>
>> as a note how I understand xajax,
>> "xajax also sounds like a ajax library which apparently is server
>> centric".
>> However 95% of my JS needed doesn't need any ajax at all. I am not
>> sure
>> if xajax can help me at all.
>>
>> Ries

>>> Hi Ries,
>>>
>>> I know similar situtations. One isn't alone on the planet. Other
>>> people
>>> are
>>> involved. You do a pretty good work for a page. But mistakes happen