[TYPO3-dev] Best practice for ajax use in BE?

Thu Jul 12 17:43:19 CEST 2007

> Elmar,
>
> I send you a mail back with a explanation what we are doing there.
>
> Please don't judge somebody's creation before you know what's going
> on behind the scenes.
>
> Ries

Hi Ries,

I know similar situtations. One isn't alone on the planet. Other people are
involved. You do a pretty good work for a page. But mistakes happen outside
of your influence. In the end it's difficult to present the whole result as
a reference for yourself. That's life.

However, this examples shows us what risk is in using those JavaScript
libraries, that claim to be ajax, despite of being 99% JavaScript with only
a tiny ajax pump. A non-JS fallback requires additional work.

If you implemented the same with a server centered ajax library, like xajax,
you got the same user functionality, but with an unfailing non-JS fallback
for nothing.

Kind Regards

Elmar