[TYPO3-dev] Best practice to implement BE-preprocessing in a FEplugin

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Jul 4 18:03:27 CEST 2007

"Taras Sajuk" wrote:
>  I want to process the file which is entered by the editor in the
> administration surface of my plugin. I don't want to wait for the
> page holding the plugin to be called up from a website reader (FE)
> toprocess the above mentioned file.

I think you'll need to use the post processing hooks in TCE to process
your file.
We use some similar logic in the Calendar Base extension to parse an
ICS file and store its contents in the database so some snippets from
that extension might be helpful.  The first link registers the hook
and the second link is the actual code that utilizes the hook.  In the
second link, the most applicable stuff for you will be the function
declaration and the code inside "if($table == 'tx_cal_calendar') {".
http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/calendar/browser/trunk/cal/ext_localc
onf.php#L586
6">http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/calendar/browser/trunk/cal/hooks/c
lass.tx_cal_tcemain_processdatamap.php#L>6
Hope that helps!
Jeff