[TYPO3-dev] Best practice to implement BE-preprocessing in a FE plugin

Taras Sajuk taras.sajuk at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:43:39 CEST 2007

2007/7/4, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org>:
> Can you explain wht you want todo without using "FE" and "BE" terms?

I have a frontend plugin which takes a XML file and produces a nice
output. The plugin also uses a "page" parameter in the URL: the
content displayed can be different for different values of the [page]
parameter going from 1 ... n. The maximum value n is dependent on the
number of page entries in the xml file.
It takes quite a time (several secs real time) for the plugin to
display the content. Unfortunately  the plugin has to run through the
full XML file each time to display one page. As an example if n=100
you get several hunderds of secs runtime to fill the cache.If you have
several 100's of pages holding such a plugin, you are dead if your
page cache gets cleared. That's the nightmare I'm just experiencing
now :-(
On top of that you can't compute a googlesitemap as you don't have the
number of "subpages" the plugin generates in a database table.

That's why I just wanted a way to compute the html output of the
plugin just after the editor enters the filename in the BE and to
store this output in a plugin specific table. If the page holding the
plugin is then called up (FE), the plugin just has to copy some data
from his database table to $content.

--
Taras Sajuk