[TYPO3-dev] Best practice to implement BE-preprocessing in a FE plugin

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 4 11:18:16 CEST 2007

Taras Sajuk wrote:
> Im working on a FE (content) Plugin.  The user should be able to enter data
> in the plugin form, a File handle to be more specific, and this data should
> be processed immediately in the BE - storing some excerpt of the file in
> the
> extensions tables.
>
> However, I only see the possibility to store some validated data or to call
> own processing _before_ user input in BE, to fill some selection list.
>
> Is there a best practice to call extension processing on user input in BE?

Are you sure you know what is BE and FE? Can you explain wht you want to
do without using "FE" and "BE" terms?

FE is what user see, BE is what editor see when he logs on to system. It
is unclear from your message how and why data should be processed in BE
(automatically???) and cannot be processed in plugin.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/