[TYPO3-dev] Can some page ID point to another database?

Sun Jan 28 20:34:30 CET 2007

> Parsing log files, counting the access to pages, inserting into some new
> Typo3 table... Yes, could be done. If we use realurl, more work has to be
> done (translating paths to original ids)... It just sounds like a workaround
> for something that is CMS' job.

Certainly there is some work to do, but it's a clean and professional
solution. It shields your DBs perfectly against all superfluous requests.
You can load balance the squids as you need. Load balancing isn't the CMS'
job.

If your project has such a workload that you need different servers, then
there also is the money to set the sytem up.

Regards

Elmar