[TYPO3-dev] Can some page ID point to another database?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Jan 28 19:41:24 CET 2007

John Angel schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>

>> Why? There are only a couple of tables which get really huge, so you
>> split them with DBAL. I don't think that there is really a reason
>> (size-wise) to split up sys_templates and other common tables.
>
> Are you trying to say that this site:
> http://typo3.org/fileadmin/t3n/articles/t3n_60_pi_s_with_typo3.pdf
> (100 tables, 5 million datasets and 14.6 million page impressions per
> month)
> is using DBAL to split database to several servers, and that's it?

No. I was saying that I can understand why you want to distribute some
tables onto different servers, but I see no point in distributing ALL
tables.

Even in multi-site environments I have no more than 100 TS templates
which doesn't call for a split. OTOH, there are good reasons to have a
separate DB for tt_content and logs.

But I think I'd try to think of a clever way to share and sync specific
configuration data (like TS templates) rather than try some magic with
different DBs with a shared UID space.

Masi