[TYPO3-dev] Can some page ID point to another database?

Sat Jan 27 20:49:48 CET 2007

> I was wondering is it possible to mix data from several databases when
> building page hierarchy?

[...]
> Regards,
> John

Hi John,

Your model is interesting, but I guess the answer is no. I think it would
require work on the core to implement that system. Why not using
established methods of load balancing first? Caching headers, squid, table
indices, proper caching plugins, ...

As a workaround for your model you could think of unidirectional mirroring
of a central DB.

common stuff                 local stuff
    v                             V

dbCentral      > export >      dbLocal

You will need to make sure that you don't get conflicts with the IDs of
the tables. You could try to force to store local stuff in an own range of
IDs, say allways above 1.000.000.

Regards

Elmar