[TYPO3-dev] auto-installer support

Rowan Crawford rowan at sumaleth.com
Tue Jan 23 10:08:53 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov" wrote:
> Rowan Crawford wrote:
>> I handle the TYPO3 installer for Installatron
>> (http://www.installatron.com/) and I'm wondering if I can talk someone
>> into adding auto-installer support for 4.1.
> "INSTALLATRON is an advanced auto-installer plugin for DirectAdmin,
> cPanel, and Plesk Reloaded servers...", which makes it difficult for typo3
> people to use/install because all those products cost much more than many
> typo3 developers earn from developing typo3 for a year.
> If you already did a patch, you can submit it through bug tracker.

You shouldn't actually need access to Installatron: if you're able to add
the ability to install without user interaction, then I can handle the
installer stuff. But if anyone from the typo3 development team has access to
a DirectAdmin, cPanel, or Plesk Reloaded server I can hook them up with an
Installatron license.

The method I use to install it now is very much a hack and wouldn't be
useful to you as a patch.

Rowan.