[TYPO3-dev] Problem with navigation links

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sat Jan 20 18:23:17 CET 2007

Christopher Torgalson

> Please, please, please, please, if you're going to continue to bombard
> the list with millions of messages, take a little more time and effort
> to compose them. Messages like this one are /impossible to
> understand/.

Sorry

> -- you provide no context for the problem you've identified (is this
> question even about TYPO3? FE? BE? TMENU? RTE? There's no way to
> tell...)

this relates with TMENU etc. menu types and for tables 'pages'
and field 'doktype'

> -- parts of it make no sense (obviously javascript can only return
> false when it is /executed/...that's like telling us that lightbulbs
> only emit light when you turn them on...)

With certain link types, the page should not forwarded - clicking
link in menu should just execute a command. JavaScript works at that
way, if it has as the *last* statement 'return false'.
Defining pages in page tree, there should have to set for the
related link in navigations 'return false' in order to avoid forwarding
to some web-address.
in this case the page has normally generated id,*but* cliking the link
doesn't forward to the page index.php?i=123 but *only* executes the
JavaScript command.

> has actually /understood/ the problem you're introducing us to, why
> have you involved us by sending the message to the list?

I would like to discuss this as a reasonable feature request

> proposing to make changes youreself?

not in this case - I don't have experience about handling page types

>Are you asking someone else to make changes for you?
>Are you asking for coding assistance?

both ok if available

Are you
> talking about a bug?

I regard this issuea a bug because result is confusing for normal visitors

>Is this a feature request?

that too

> /Please/ learn how to ask better questions [1]. If you can't, then
> I'll be just one more list user who sets up his mail/news reader to
> discard your messages before I ever see them...

that's your choise - you can freely ignore me like Dmitry does