[TYPO3-dev] Problem with navigation links

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 18:06:02 CET 2007

Hi Tapio,

On 1/20/07, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at atwebteam.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Naviagation would need some improvements.
> 1) If you select external url and e-mail link
> typo opens first blank page - annoying!
> 2) type JavaScript would be desirable
>
> javascript has return false, when *only* the javascript
> has been executed, but the link doesn't redirect anywhere,
> if the JavaScript doesn't force to redirect.
> JavaScript could open for example pop-up window, layer,
> e-mail link etc.

Please, please, please, please, if you're going to continue to bombard
the list with millions of messages, take a little more time and effort
to compose them. Messages like this one are /impossible to
understand/.

You are /asking/ the list readers to read your messages and think
about your ideas, so please extend us the consideration of making them
easy to understand. For example:

-- you provide no context for the problem you've identified (is this
question even about TYPO3? FE? BE? TMENU? RTE? There's no way to
tell...)

-- the subject line is completely free of useful information (it
/should/ help me to figure out what this message is about; it
doesn't...)

-- parts of it make no sense (obviously javascript can only return
false when it is /executed/...that's like telling us that lightbulbs
only emit light when you turn them on...)

-- you really don't provide any opportunity for anyone on the list to
/help/ with the problem, because you also don't say what kind of
help/assistance/comments/etc you are looking for (i.e. assuming anyone
has actually /understood/ the problem you're introducing us to, why
have you involved us by sending the message to the list? Are you
proposing to make changes youreself? Are you asking someone else to
make changes for you? Are you asking for coding assistance? Are you
talking about a bug? Is this a feature request? What the hell do you
/want/?!)

Messages like this last one of yours are a /total waste of time/. I
can't tell what the problem is and I can't tell what you want (me or
anyone else) to do about it, so why should I bother with it at all?

/Please/ learn how to ask better questions [1]. If you can't, then
I'll be just one more list user who sets up his mail/news reader to
discard your messages before I ever see them...

--
Christopher Torgalson

[1] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html