[TYPO3-dev] how to disable versioning?

Zorik zorik2005 at zorik.net
Thu Jan 18 12:34:21 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have asked this question in typo3.english, but no one has answered the
question.

It seems like the issue is wrong architecture and not my lack of knowledge.

However, I would appreciate if you point me a correct solution.

The problem is that I do not succeed to disable versioning capability for a
single user.

1. User/Group settings (accesslists) does not say user has access to
versioning.
2. there's no versioning link in modules navigation frame, but exists in
bottom frame. so I disabled the bottom frame
3. I disabled versioning fields with TSconfig, but still it is possible to
access versioning via page's clickmenu
4. I cant determine it's name so that I could disable it via user TSconfig
(options.contextMenu.pageList.disableItems) and not sure it would work
5. What I did - is commented out $GLOBALS['TBE_MODULES_EXT'
['xMOD_alt_clickmenu']['extendCMclasses'][] in a
file /typo3/sysext/version/ext_tables.php which disabled the clickmenu item
globally
6. still, it leaves the module itself accessible to user (while there's no
link to it in UI)

BUT

this is not a correct way of doing things!

I should be able to disable versioning (easily?) per user, and not globally.

--
George (Zorik) Pavlenko
http://www.zorik.net