[TYPO3-dev] Ugly hack in alt_main.php

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Fri Jan 12 18:40:07 CET 2007

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Hi
>
> Typo3 4.x has  bad solution for start module
>
> $module = preg_replace('/[^[:alnum:]_]/','',t3lib_div::_GET('module'));
>         if (!$module && $BE_USER->uc['startInTaskCenter']) {
>             $module = 'user_task';
>         }
>
> That really bad because this can't configure user level or users needs
> annoying way
> to set get params. This way should *not* do new options.
> This is just an ugly hack!
> Core developer should shame creating this kind of ugly hack!
> This should have proper configuration through TS config for users/user
> groups
> (as I have done).

Here's a patch to Tapio's comment:

-- BEGIN Patch --
Hi,

TYPO3 4.x offers only 2 different ways to see the BE on login:

1- About modules (default)
2- Task Center

This lacks flexibility since we can't control any other modules on
logon. In fact, I feel that about 90% of people want to see the pagetree
via Page or List module most of the time.

Would it be possible to create some new TSconfig to take care of the
startup module while maintaining compatibility?

--END of inoffensive version --

The funny thing about this is that I had a chat with Sebastian K. on
December 12th about this... I described a hack I was able to get running:

My own hack was to replace line #441
      $module = 'user_task';

With $module = 'web_layout';

Sure this removes the possibility to start in Task Center so it's not
even a good hack.

And yes, I would like to see some TSconfig to give the possibility to
set something else than just Task Center. Since 4.x is still aimed at
usability, something in that area could be improved.

We can even think about a way to set List module + Sysfolder where the
news are stored so a tt_news-only editor start at the right place
without a single click.

Patrick "Feature Creep" Gaumond