[TYPO3-dev] TypoScript: stdWrap.ifEmpty but no stdWrap.ifIsset

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Jan 12 17:55:25 CET 2007

Hi Joey,

JoH asenau wrote:
>> I'd like a stdWrap only to be executed if there is content available.
>>
>> With stdWrap.ifEmpty I can define actions for the case that there is
>> no data. But what do I have to do if if want these actions to happen
>> only *if data is set* (e.g. a stdWrap.ifIsset).
>>
>> I could use the following way, but it's not very clean:
>> 10 = TEXT
>> 10 {
>>   field = somefield
>>   wrap = <div class="whatever">|</div>
>>   if {
>>     isTrue.field = somefield
>>   }
>> }
>
> required = 1
>     => renders only if there is content at all
> or
> fieldRequired = somefield
>     => renders only if the field somefield is not empty

Thanks! It behaves the same as "if" but it's still tricky! ;)

Now I have the following (the TEXT-object is just for testing, it could
be the result of a frontend-plugin or whatever). If the TEXT-object has
no data, it isn't wrapped and that's what I wanted.

Example:
10 = COA
10 {
  20 = TEXT
  20.value =
  stdWrap {
    required = 1
    wrap = <div class="whatever">|</div>
  }
}

But it could imaging something like the following example:
10 = COA
10 {
  20 = TEXT
  20.value =
  ifNotEmpty.wrap = <div class="whatever">|</div>
}

The result is the same as above, but if there are ifBlank and ifEmpty,
why aren't there opposite operators like ifNotEmpty or ifNotBlank on the
same level?

olly
--
Oliver Hader