[TYPO3-dev] Ugly hack in alt_main.php

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jan 12 12:29:00 CET 2007

> Typo3 4.x has  bad solution for start module
>
> $module =
>
> preg_replace('/[^[:alnum:]_]/','',t3lib_div::_GET('module')); if
> (!$module && $BE_USER->uc['startInTaskCenter']) { $module =
> 'user_task'; }
>
> That really bad because this can't configure user level or users needs
> annoying way
> to set get params. This way should *not* do new options.
> This is just an ugly hack!
> Core developer should shame creating this kind of ugly hack!
> This should have proper configuration through TS config for users/user
> groups
> (as I have done).

Tapio, when will you ever learn that no one will give a f... about what you
did, as long as you are using phrases like:

"This is an ugly hack"
"That's really bad"
"This is an annoying way"
"The developer should be ashamed"

followed by stuff like:

"This should/must be done like that ... (as I have done)"

?

You could have written "You are all idiots and I am the only wise man on
earth" with exactly the same result:

I have to admit that I am not the one who is well known for his modesty, but
even I know, that there are some rules when you communicate with each other.

One of these rules is:
If you want to improve something someone else did, never tell him that it's
bad.
Tell him that it's very good, but could be even better, if he changed it a
bit.
Then you come up with your solution and in many cases you will be able to
convince him.
(... and you could still think by yourself, that you are the only wise man
on earth)

Wouldn't that be great?

Think about it.

Joey