[TYPO3-dev] Ugly hack in alt_main.php

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Fri Jan 12 11:40:57 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper

> please forget for a moment all personal conflicts

It is difficult for Dmitry. I have tried to forgot.

> Indeed the storing of information is suboptimal. When I return after doing
> some things to a module i want to continue at the same point when I left the
> module. So a cookie-based storing makes absolute sense for me. in the moment
> the settings are stored in JS and will be lost on the next page.
> So it makes sense to improve this storing of information - in my opinion ;-)

If you use skin_grey_2 you can store both to cookies and database. You
can do exaclty what you want. Honestly skin_grey_2 + tm_contentaccess
has much more advanced storing system as default. It has storing
systems, which should be in Typo3 as default! It doesn't use any ugly
hacks for storing but just properly defined configurations.
Storing system might have some bugs but anyway it uses proper
configuration method, which are under control of the administrator.