[TYPO3-dev] Solution for TYPO3 backend access via SSL Proxy

Henning Pingel henningT3 at henningpingel.de
Sun Jan 7 22:43:25 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a TYPO3 installation running on a webspace of a big webhoster
(Webpack at hosteurope.de). The webhoster offers a SSL proxy to connect
securely to the webspace.

A SSL proxy has the advantage that I don't
need to pay for my own SSL certificate for my domain name. The
webhoster only has to register one certificate for the domain of the ssl
proxy and can offer this service to all users. I always wanted to use
the SSL proxy to access my TYPO3 backend encrypted - but it never worked
until now. Changing TYPO3 SSL settings didn't do the job. (There have
been several discussions on this in different forums that I found via
search engines - but I found nobody who wrote it worked for him.)

This weekend I spent some time on this issue and had a closer look why I
couldn't log into the TYPO3 backend using the SSL proxy. I made some
changes to the method getIndpEnv in class.t3lib_div.php, tested a lot -
and now I'm glad to have a running TYPO3 backend via the SSL proxy.

I would like to make this code change available for other TYPO3 users
for two reasons:
a) They should enjoy a safe backend connection too.
b) They should help to test if the code change works on other webspaces
of other webhosters too - or just at webspaces of hosteurope)

Now I'm wondering how I should publish my code change. A nice option
would be to write an extension that overloads the function getIndpEnv
with my new version. But unfortunately the class class.t3lib_div.php can
not be extended via the XCLASS mechanism. The reason for this is
explained here:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.0.0/view/3/8/

Do you have any advice for me for what to do?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Henning