[TYPO3-dev] Top Area Applications

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Jan 4 18:10:59 CET 2007

Peter Kindström kirjoitti:

> Hi!
>>> Why change it and make everybody confused?
>>
>> I don't understand, how you feel tabs confusing. They
>> are at some respects clearer because you see in one glance where you
>> are. Concering working with different modules, this is important.
>> If you browse web-sites that is not so important because you just visit
>> in some page.

> Aren´t Mike talking about using tabs for *functions* and Tapio about
> using tabs for *navigation*? Two different things if you think a little
> about it...

we are talking about changing modules using menu on the top.
both have advances - the main advance of tabbed menu is visible and
highlighted main and sub-module.
Using dropdown menu you can highlit menu, but that doesn't have
much sense for sub-modules, because you don't see them before you open
the menu.