[TYPO3-dev] Top Area Applications

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Jan 4 12:31:22 CET 2007

Mike Morris

> Looks nice, but functions are too overloaded and confusing - it justs
> continuoues the old Typo3 philosophy wher when you enter t3 you have a page
> full of icons.

but when you are norma editor, you don't have much tabs on top menu.
Icons can take off from sub-modules. *only* admininstrators have
much main and sub-modules!

If you mean other icons I have made possible to disable icons from
columns view - that can simplify.

> This is no plus for usability.
> If you have Dropdown or layer menu you can achieve the same

not the same because yo must always start from beginning!
That is very bad disadvantage and bad usability of dropdowns

>> You can *never* achive the same with dropdown menu!
> Can we fix it? *yes* we can!

you can't  because dropdown must be as default collapsed!

> Never say never, its just a point pof view - where is a will there is a
> way...
never - because of the reason above!