[TYPO3-dev] Top Area Applications

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Jan 3 10:03:02 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper

 > Hi Tapio,
 > take a look at http://www.sk-typo3.de/fileadmin/toparea.gif

quite as I expected. Normal navigation frames used.
It has some advances compared with my topmenu in skin_grey_2
1) three level (top menu is two level)
2) space to use full labels

My solution
http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/save_web_module_information.png

has also some advances
1) If you work with some module, you can keep the menu open and you
don't need to start from beginning every time
2) menu remembers, what is the last used main and submodule - this
information can be stored even over sessions and you can start work,
where you was last

Think about situation, where you work currently in the office in the
page 123 with WWW > List module. Now you log out.

When you go home and open Typo3 you can *continue from the same page*
* page tree is similar way highligted
* main and sub modules are similar visible
* the same page is open

Nice, isn't it?

You can *never* achive the same with dropdown menu!
Only tabbed menu or default left side menu can keep the information
of main and sub-modules this way visible.

Which of them is better - my topmenu in skin_grey_2 or this,
is just a matter of taste, but I hope that development group would
take more serious advantages of tabbed menu on top.
It is frustrating to see Kasper ignoring the advantages.

 > btw - why you don't make a local install ? It takes a few minutes and
you can play along.

not enough RAM and hardisk space in this computer