[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Feb 28 15:26:02 CET 2007

Steffen Mu"ller <steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de>" schrieb:
> On 28.02.2007 13:57 Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>Nicolas Cohen schrieb:
>>
>>>I don't understand why do i need more RAM to get an  acceptable result.
>>
>>More RAM on a server means more memory to cache various data. This can
>>be used by the OS, Apache and Mysql (depending on configuration).
>
> Throwing in more memory will not automagically speed up everything.
> Better search for the bottleneck.

You're right this is no magic solution for everything, but if you have more
RAM you can assign more memory to the various Mysql buffers. To get the
best results you must fiddle with them. If you have more RAM Apache can be
configured to use shared memory for caching (in case you set up the Expirey
headers correctly in TYPO3).

Anyway I was just pointing out why more RAM can mean more performance.

Masi