[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Nicolas Cohen nicolas at ranlogic.com
Wed Feb 28 14:48:46 CET 2007

Hi steffen, thanks for your reply

> Is your CPU too busy?
before calling the url the cpu is almost 100% idle
while handling one request for the homepage it goes as low as 20% idle
2-3 simultaneous take it to 0% idle
3+ simultaneos start raising the waiting %

> Do you have permanent slow queries, which burn your CPU?
> --> log slow queries and use EXPLAIN to find out what is going on.
I am not sure how to log this, but i'll try to do so

> How effective is the query cache?
> --> use mysqlreport or SHOW STATUS LIKE '%Qcache%'. The higher the ratio
> between Qcache_hits and Qcache_inserts is, the more effective your query
> cache works (e.g. 10:1 is good)

it returns
+-------------------------+----------+
| Variable_name           | Value    |
+-------------------------+----------+
| Qcache_free_blocks      | 7        |
| Qcache_free_memory      | 50567832 |
| Qcache_hits             | 11535    |
| Qcache_inserts          | 5106     |
| Qcache_lowmem_prunes    | 0        |
| Qcache_not_cached       | 17       |
| Qcache_queries_in_cache | 2877     |
| Qcache_total_blocks     | 5810     |

which means a 2:1 ratio i guess, so not very good, right?

> Which extensions do you use at all?

i use real_url, tt_news, tx_macinabanners, tsc_obj, some text and html
elements and a home mande extension to fe_users

but i have tested removing the extensions and performance only reaches
6-8 requests per second (wich, now that i think about it, is 3-4 times
1.7 requests per second)

if i remove all template info, and just get the typo3 error No page type
assigned, i still can only make 15-20 requests per second