[TYPO3-dev] Page and List Ajaxed

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Feb 24 19:27:10 CET 2007

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> My idea for something like that was to use Smarty as a template engine
>> with an API that is fit for all kind of UIs.
> I wouldn't use Smarty as i think that it only requires more cpu power.
> We also have to focus on low end server systems. Not everyone has its
> one Blade center ;)

You're aware that TYPO3 5.0 requires a dedicated content repository. The
current version uses even a PHP-Java-bridge to accomplish this? So don't
you worry abou Smarty. Anyway, Smarty compiles all templates into PHP
code, so I guess it is perhaps faster than the current marker style
templates of TYPO3.

>> I'm lost. You're not talking about the propesed AJAX features here?
>>
> Oh yeah, i'm doing in this case ;) It would be good if the ajax ext
> offers a possibility to switch off the left navigation frame completly
> and get the other modules into the tabmenu on the top right. So that you
> don't have 2 navigation bars with the same contents..

Well, that's what Kasper has begon already. But I don't see a connection
with Maximo's work.

Masi