[TYPO3-dev] Page and List Ajaxed

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Sat Feb 24 14:59:14 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> But IMHO the current BE is a lost cause. There's too many legacy code
> (PHP and HTML) around. Starting from scratch is a difficult thing but I
> see TYPO3 5.0 as chance for a real UI overhaul. The current efforts may
> "only" offer added usability for a part of the users.
Yes, for me the current skinning system isn't very useful too. We should
start from scratch, but that's another topic.

> Now, that I know that there is partially success, I'm interested in
> removing obstacles.
see above ;) It would be possible, but it's easier to start again all over.

> My idea for something like that was to use Smarty as a template engine
> with an API that is fit for all kind of UIs.
I wouldn't use Smarty as i think that it only requires more cpu power.
We also have to focus on low end server systems. Not everyone has its
one Blade center ;)
> I'm lost. You're not talking about the propesed AJAX features here?

Oh yeah, i'm doing in this case ;) It would be good if the ajax ext
offers a possibility to switch off the left navigation frame completly
and get the other modules into the tabmenu on the top right. So that you
don't have 2 navigation bars with the same contents..

Andreas