[TYPO3-dev] Moving pages in workspaces - brainstorm

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Feb 19 14:50:25 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
>
>> *hiya!*
>>
>> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>>
>>> Soon you will learn how powerful workspaces in TYPO3 version 4.0 is.
>>> Unfortunately you might be distracted by the fact that you cannot
>>> move a page or any other element in a workspace. Please do not
>>> obsess  on this "problem" because it is really a tough one to solve.
>>> And  therefore I would like to a) explain why I didn't even try to
>>> implement it and b) ask for any suggestions as to how it can be solved.
>>

>> Anything new on this topic?
>> Any solutions (free or not, 100% finished or not) for moving elements
>> in a workspace?
>
> To make auto versionining usable with element versions Web>page would
> need a "merge version" feature (bug filed already). The idea is to allow
> merging all existing element versions of a page into one new page version.

If you want to move pages along, they have to be in the same branch version.

The problem is that a new branch version shadows all other versions inside
the branch. So they are all lost (unless you remove the branch version from
the WS). Again we need a merge feature. In this case all element and page
versions must be merged into the new branch version.

Masi

PS: The other option is to create a page version of source and target
page's parent page. Eg when you want to move page "Source page" from
"Source parent" into "Target parent" you have to create a page version of
both "Source parent" and "Target parent".

+ Source parent
+- Sibling 1
+- Source Page
+- Sibling 2