[TYPO3-dev] Google Summer of code 2007

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Sat Feb 17 14:41:47 CET 2007

Hello Patrick,
* Patrick Gaumond <patrick at typo3quebec.org> [070216 15:59]:
> Let's hope that TYPO3 Association is ready this year !

Who is "the TYPO3 association" for you in this case?
The board? Nearly no programmers in there.
The active members? Most of them do already a big job and have very little
  time. Even if: What should they do; if _programming_ would be their core
  competence, they would program EXTs or core things.
The core team? I doubt that google SOC is interested in core TYPO3 things.
The Association members? Sure if they want, they should send in their applications.
The EXT programmers? Hey, there we go: As far as I read thru the applications
  there where great ideas from individuals, that simply put in their application.
  It would be great, if the TYPO3 EXT programmers would do this as well.
  But why for heavens sake should they write it to the assoc (AKA assoc board?)
  To have a third party in? Or do you think that google cares, if the application
  comes from the TYPO3 association? Hmm, we are working on it that google will
  uses the "indexed_search", but until than, I doubt they take the TYPO3
  association serious. ;-))
Really: All EXT programmer out there: Fill in your application, if you _think_
the assoc could help, than tell us _HOW_, and we will do our best, but I
see no "associatio summer of code". If I am wrong, tell me where I should look
at, and what should be done.
   http://code.google.com/soc/

So if you are looking for a mentor, fill in the application ideas you have
at http://t3dd07.typo3.org/callforpapers.html, and have an application
ready, that fullfills the google SOC requirements.
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60306&topic=10727
Also write at the http://t3dd07.typo3.org/callforpapers.html that you want
your application beeing sent in for the google soc...

have fun,

best
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               TYPO3-Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100