[TYPO3-dev] commerce and crawler

Rico Moorman rico at buyways.nl
Thu Feb 8 15:45:25 CET 2007

Well I managed to get the indexing working but there was still a problem
left which, I guess, would be a nice feature for the crawler.

You can actually manage to crawl pages with plugins on them and their
content with a rule like that:
tx_crawler.crawlerCfg.paramSets.commerce =
&L=[|_TABLE:pages_language_overlay;_FIELD:sys_language_uid]&tx_commerce_pi1[showUid]=[_TABLE:tx_commerce_products;_PID:112]

But with a lot of category pages ... where one page only shows certain
records from the designated category and all products are stored within
the same sysfolder (_PID:112) you get a lot of junk within your search
table. For example
- on the page for "Vaccuum cleaners" you actually only show the
respective products (e.g. with id 1,3,38)
- overall you have 300 products within the sysfolder for products.
- with the standard condition this will get you 300 possible variations
for that page because it finds that much products within the products table
- so you have 297 useless combinations which will be indexed and
probably fill your db with junk
- now imagine what would happen with about 25 categories!

My suggestion would be to include a filter hook for this kind of
situations where you can just say
&tx_commerce_pi1[showUid]=[_FILTER:someextensionclass->functionname;_SOMEPARAM:somevalue]

and then the crawler object would call the filter function if possible
in order to influence the results :)

will play around with it a lill :)

greets Rico