[TYPO3-dev] Install tool > Image Processing

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 18:27:55 CEST 2007

Hi!

I've noticed some strange things regarding Install tool / Image Processing.

1) In section "2: Writing GIF and PNG", test: "Write GIF" I receive warning
message:

File size is very different from reference
21791  14794
Note on gif_compress() function: The 'gif_compress' method used was 'GD'.
Previous filesize: 21 K. Current filesize:21 K

It seems that gif_compress doesn't compress anything? The same result is
both on Unix and Windows installation.

2) In section "3: Scaling images", test: "GIF to JPG, 150 pixels wide",

"Your server" image background is black, not white as "Reference" image. The
same result is both on Unix and Windows installation.

3) In section "5: GD library functions"

Test: "Render text with TrueType font" on Unix installation returns just the
background, without the text. TTF support exists in GD. On Windows is fine.

Test: "Render text with TrueType font using 'niceText' option" on Windows
installation returns background having the color of the "Hello World" text
in example, without any text written on the image.

I've played around with all $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX'] but didn't find solution
for any of above.

Any ideas?

Regards,
John