[TYPO3-dev] Fight the no_cache parameter

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Apr 16 13:15:52 CEST 2007

>> Forcing USER_INT and caching inside will not work because USER_INT is
>> executed after the caching has happened.
>>
>> Takin USER as default and making inner dynamic parts as USER_INT
>> works. That is what Joh has shown. That could be exended to your
>> idea.
>
> But if we use pageCacheToExternalFiles, with USER it will cache the
> complete page to external file, so ext will not be executed at all
> and cannot decide wheter its content should be cached or not.

As far as I can see this is not the case, since the switch
pageCacheToExternalFiles only decides where to put the cached content. The
handling of the stuff remains exactly the same, so the replacement of
USER_INT still should happen as usual after reading the cached file.

There's only one problem with static files, that is if you use the
publishing functions to create really static files. These files by
definition can't be dynamic so there's no way of replacing any USER_INT
stuff there. But it wouldn't make sense to statically publish a page that is
using dynamic content anyway, so I don't see a problem with USER_INT.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de