[TYPO3-dev] Fight the no_cache parameter

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:10:14 CEST 2007

Hi Elmar,

I think we should keep it extremely simple for developers.

Let's say we want to develop search extension.

There are two cases:

1) Displaying the search form - the complete page should be cached.

2) Displaying the search results - extension output shouldn't be cached, all
other things on page should be cached.

Usually developers would make ext USER and use set_no_cache() for case 2,
making all other things on page not cached without actual need.

Instead, we should force USER_INT and extend it somehow to have special
case - to cache it when neccessary:
$cache_me = (is_there_search_query) ? FALSE : TRUE;

We need something that simple.

Regards,
John