[TYPO3-dev] Fight the no_cache parameter

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Apr 16 09:52:43 CEST 2007

Am Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:03:21 +0200 schrieb John Angel:

> Hi Elmar,
>
>> http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/a-quick-guide-to-proper-caching-with-tslib_pibase-episode-1/
>> http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/a-quick-guide-to-proper-caching-with-tslib_pibase-episode-2/
>
> It it possible to avoid creating two plugins? The idea is to easily
> transform existing extensions.
>
> You are mentioning at the end of the article that we can create USER or
> USER_INT within your TS template. Maybe some TS condition can be trigger
> instead of creating interface plugin?

Hi John,

yes it is possible, but there are some drawbacks. There is at least the
different setting of

var  $pi_checkCHash = TRUE;

for USER and USER_INT, that you could in fact switch with an
additional TS parameter, not by the user, but somehow in the extension
automatically.

But I regard the $pi_checkCHash concept as a completely unnecessary
setting and hope it will be obsoletet soon. Which would make USER/USER_INT
switchin more simple:

See:

http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2007/04/04/rfc-caching-useruser_int-switching/

Read the following thread (second part):

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-extension-coordination/2007-April/001757.html

Second you need to switch the cHash on/off in links pointing to a plugin
if you really would like to switch a special view. But you will rarely do
this in practice. Usually it is unambigous if a special part of a plugin
will be used as USER or USER_INT (form vs. details).

With this in mind it should be possible to use one plugin with a double
nature of USER/USER_INT. That is indeed a good suggestion for improvement
of existing plugins and worth some research.

But it is more difficult to explain to a beginner building a new
extension, than to tell him simply to use two different plugins.

A specialized form of this concept is the USER/USER_INT pair within a USER.

Example:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/efaq/0.1.5/info/configurations%252Fsetup.txt/

The original concept http://www.4any1.de/www.4any1.de?id=2346

Regards