[TYPO3-dev] TS compiler

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Fri Apr 13 10:48:49 CEST 2007

Hi Alban,

Am Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:02:33 +0200 schrieb Alban Cousinié:

> Hi,
>
> Tell me if I am wrong, but it seems obvious to me that compiling
> Typoscript, to C would be equivalent to substitute typoscript binaries

It's ts2php not ts2c. :-)

The current version would be comparable to t3lib_TSparser->parse().

> to PHP on the webserver, which represents the work of many people for
> many years and means recoding Typo3 almost from scratch as well. This is
> just not realistic.

An alternative is not a replacement, so don't worry. The use would be
optional, implemented as an extension. TYPO3 depends on graphics magic,
different PHP modules, PHP itself, ... They are all binaries.

Regards

Elmar