[TYPO3-dev] table cache_hash flooded

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Wed Apr 4 21:03:05 CEST 2007

"Christian Welzel" <gawain at camlann.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1175704083.9492.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
>> its an option, cause the object cal is non cached, the page is cached -
>> this doesn't prevent page from caching ;-)
>
> So what is the benefit?
> The page is cached, but cal is not and so the cal-part is reevaluated
> each time, isnt it?
> This isn't an option on a site with 20k hits per hour :)

Hi Christian,

i know this is not the end-solution. I did this as quick-hack.
We discuss this in cal-team and think about what the best to do now. As we
see cal brings the T3 caching to it's limit. A user with less knowledge
doesn't know whats going on, the site slows down extremely and the cache
table is full.
So the main problem are the month views. i myself ask me, what is faster -
getting this part from cache with a full packed table or render it again -
this has to be benchmarked.
For search the miniviews are not relevant, so maybe we have to think about a
workaround, also benchmark.
As Ries tested, link generation is a time intensive thing, and if you have 4
monthviews on a page you may have about 180 links in the monthviews. If you
enable edit/create, this multiply.

This is a not easy to solve problem, so the opinions for the moment are
- USER_INT
- clear at midnight or smaller interval

but this doesn't solve the main problem.

vg  Steffen