[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 2 20:12:00 CEST 2007

John Angel wrote: on 02.04.2007 19:50:

>> The functionalty sounds exactly what we already have in core:
>>
>> t3lib_page::getHash()
>> t3lib_page::storeHash()
>>
>> which has always been available for plugins (table "cache_hash").
>>
>> What are the benefits of "toi_cache" over that generic caches?

> Unlike generic cache, toi_cache has fields:
> - cached_table
> - cached_table_uid a.k.a pid
> and hook to clearAllCache_additionalTables, so Typo3 can delete cached
> records if parent IDs change.
>
> Then, it has simple cache management. I suggest looking at the source code,
> it is very small. I've also made small improvements to original ext
> (like hook to clearPageCacheEval), can send it if you are interested.

Yes, this sounds interesting and good candidates for a future "generic
caching framework" which is being discussed in this same thread. :) So I
guess ideas or implementations from toi_cache can be useful on that
front. Maybe we can even get the author to implement such a beast for
CORE? ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto