[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:50:35 CEST 2007

> The functionalty sounds exactly what we already have in core:
>
> t3lib_page::getHash()
> t3lib_page::storeHash()
>
> which has always been available for plugins (table "cache_hash").
>
> What are the benefits of "toi_cache" over that generic caches?

Unlike generic cache, toi_cache has fields:
- cached_table
- cached_table_uid a.k.a pid
and hook to clearAllCache_additionalTables, so Typo3 can delete cached
records if parent IDs change.

Then, it has simple cache management. I suggest looking at the source code,
it is very small. I've also made small improvements to original ext (like
hook to clearPageCacheEval), can send it if you are interested.

Regards,
John