[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Apr 2 15:07:37 CEST 2007

>> Exactly, something like toi_cache ext approach.
>
> The functionalty sounds exactly what we already have in core:
>
> t3lib_page::getHash()
> t3lib_page::storeHash()
>
> which has always been available for plugins (table "cache_hash").

Wich shows this:

 1.) It's more easy to reimplement such a function than to find it in the
     forest of docs or class API.
 2.) It's not in the class you expect it.

For time based object caching I would expect a setting in COA, USER class
etc.

 10 = COA
 10.cachingPeriod = 3600

I would not search for this function in a page class.

Regards

Elmar