[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 2 13:29:56 CEST 2007

John Angel wrote: on 02.04.2007 09:38:

>> Or in other words to a caching on object/extension level instead on page
>> level.
>
> Exactly, something like toi_cache ext approach.

The functionalty sounds exactly what we already have in core:

t3lib_page::getHash()
t3lib_page::storeHash()

which has always been available for plugins (table "cache_hash").

What are the benefits of "toi_cache" over that generic caches?

And following the thread of Masi, maybe we just need to enhance that
core methods a bit for more functionality?

Cheers,
Ernesto