[TYPO3-dev] Google eMail accounts for your domain

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Sep 26 14:13:48 CEST 2006

>> As Ries mentiones allready: They do show adverts, but these adverts
>> are neither confusing, nor not on topic. They are just standard
>> Adsense banners, except they do not log anything. They don't see,
>> what emails you get and they keep privacy serious. E.G.: Even an
>> admin can't look into the email accounts..
>
> You don't really believe in any privacy statement of Google, do you?
> As you said, they show on-topic adsense (read: contextual) banners,
> how do this work without parsing the mail contents? The display of
> the banners is logged, so yes, there is anything they log. And I
> wouldn't believe if they tell me none of their technicians have
> access to the mails... hell, what did you do the last couple of years
> during Googles rising, to have such an innocent point of view?

But where's the difference to other E-Mail Accounts?
If I take the essence of your statement you should immediately drop any kind
of mailing activities (even snail mail) and visit the recipients in real
life to tell them what you wanted to write, just to make sure nobody can
read it.

I agree with you that you should be careful with your privacy, but this
privacy is always based on the assumption that all the people working for or
with the web are playing by the rules. If you don't trust Google, why should
you trust your provider?

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian