[TYPO3-dev] Google eMail accounts for your domain

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Mon Sep 25 17:25:39 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
>  *hiya!*
>
>  On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Andreas Balzer wrote the following:
>> See more
>> http://ess-erfurt.de/index.php?id=451
>
>  This address is not browsable (Connection refused, ping is OK).
>

>  bye
>  Wolfgang

Hi!
Yeah, our own server has broken this morning, but i have restarted it
and everything's fine again. However: The good thing about is, that
still if your webserver is broken, the email system via google keeps
running, as long as your DNS records can be read..

The second good thing is, that the Google way doesn't need any own
server ressources. They are doing everything for free. Especially at
schools this is a major pro argument. In Germany the schools for example
don't get much money and things like a website are the points which stay
on the lowest place in their list of needs. Look at all the school
websites.. I think ourone is really great, but we as students pay for
the server..

As Ries mentiones allready: They do show adverts, but these adverts are
neither confusing, nor not on topic. They are just standard Adsense
banners, except they do not log anything. They don't see, what emails
you get and they keep privacy serious. E.G.: Even an admin can't look
into the email accounts..

The interface of Google is kept simple, so that everyone can learn how
to use it very fast. Plus you have the possibility to access it via
pop3, and the calendar data via ics. So it's kinda friendly to own
interfaces or the local email programms..

So again: A T3 ext would be very nice.

Greetings
Andreas