[TYPO3-dev] $this->pi_exec_query doesn't work correct with workspaces?

Johannes Konert johanneskonert at gmx.de
Fri Sep 22 15:10:44 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:
>  I seldomly use this exec_XXXXquery now, as the naming scheme is so ugly
>  and working with it is cumbersome. I like to control my queries myself ;-)

I followed the coding guidelines in my extensions and used the
pi_exec_query and exec_XXX_query all the time, even if it was not that
intuitive.
I was just astonished about the fact, that the workspace-thing do not
work while using these functions.
I respect Dmitrys opinion that it is bad to write a circumvention for
each extension, but honestly I do not have any experience with
"patching" and I do not overlook the complete workspace-concept that I
could provide a patch that works in general. I only found out how to
make my extension have a proper preview. Could be different with other
extensions' queries.

>  Workspaces was something new and now that we try to use it we have
>  a bunch of problems and bugs.

Obviously. That is normal and happens in every case, then new concepts
are introduced. I just wonder why some (I don't want to say all)
database-related functions do not handle the workspace and versioning
things. I mean, you cannot forget these function when you update you API
function prior to a version release, or could you?
Anyway I will try to have a look into the tslib_pibase and hope I can
find a section to insert a few lines of workspace handling.

Regards
Johannes