[TYPO3-dev] $this->pi_exec_query doesn't work correct with workspaces?

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Fri Sep 22 10:34:46 CEST 2006

 *hiya!*

 On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, R. van Twisk wrote the following:
> In 5.0 there will be a method for storing and retrieving data,
> I truly hope that in 5.0 we never have to do any SQL query at all from
> anything outside of the core. but we just use data retrieval methods.
> Something I mentioned and talked about with some people
> at least 1 year ago.

 That sounds very futuristic in the context of TYPO3,
 I don't think that a) we need it and b) anybody will spend time working
 on that.
 I seldomly use this exec_XXXXquery now, as the naming scheme is so ugly
 and working with it is cumbersome. I like to control my queries myself ;-)

 5.0 will not become the all-in-one device suitable for every purpose
 (aka "eierlegende Wollmilchsau") and I haven't seen any plans that go
 more into detail HOW all this should be accomplished
 (with loose team structure, little management and this code base)

 Workspaces was something new and now that we try to use it we have
 a bunch of problems and bugs.
 How will it be (with 5.0) when there are X times more new stuff and
 features around (all at once)? We don't have and can't write unit tests
 for all parts of TYPO3 and who is able to test that everything works after
 refactoring without a testing routine? I imagine a lot of problems
 here, really.

 bye
 Wolfgang