[TYPO3-dev] COA_INT in extension ?

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Fri Sep 22 00:03:44 CEST 2006

"Dmitry Dulepov" <typo3 at accio.lv> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1158571732.20283.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>>> Why don't we put information about handling $TCA there than? This is
>>> quite important too ;)
>>>

>> It's detailed in the Core APIs. Which aspects in special do you think
>> need additional commonents in the Coding Guidelines?
>
> I mean that coding guidelines doc is not a place for everything. If one
> wants a document to put useful tips to, he should write separate document.
>
> Good example of coding guidelines comes from Microsoft
> (http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/articles/361363.aspx) and Java
> (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html). I could
> post other links (KDE, etc) but MS & Sun is enough I think.
>
> In fact, it is wrong that our coding guidelines have security questions
> inside, security should go to a dedicated document. Database question may
> be ok, it is "on the border" to me.

in my opinion "Coding Guidelines" are the right place - they should help the
Coder to find the right use of Typo3-technique, including Cache Concepts,
Linking, TCA Manipulations, Hooks, etc.

Maybe a good way for this is to put it on a wiki, so coders can add tipps
too, and then the team can make an official
document.

vg  Steffen