[TYPO3-dev] Saving objects in session

Wed Sep 13 12:02:18 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:

>  I think you have no chance to do that as the session is started in the
>  userauth class and this one is initialized very early.
>
>  But what about serializing and unserializing the object yourself?
>  This way you can control when you do that (after the class is
>  available).
>
>  Reference:
>  http://cz.php.net/manual/en/function.serialize.php

Hi Wolfgang,

the technic you propse should be much more promoted within the TYPO3
developer community.

It should be possible to serialize/unserialize a whole form view through
the session, so that you can receive the incomming data directly with
the original form.

Than you validate it. If validation fails, you simply display the form
view a second time, else you process the data.

This way the nature of a webforms behaviour comes most closely to that
of a traditional persistant computer programm.

Regards

Elmar