[TYPO3-dev] Saving objects in session

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Wed Sep 13 11:32:06 CEST 2006

 *hiya!*

 On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Robert John de Stigter wrote the following:
> I'm busy converting a php application into a typo3 extension and it uses
> a object stored in the session. Problem is that the class definition
> comes after typo3 starts the session wich causes the object in the
> session to become a default php object without any functions. (
> __PHP_Incomplete_Class Object )

 I think you have no chance to do that as the session is started in the
 userauth class and this one is initialized very early.

 But what about serializing and unserializing the object yourself?
 This way you can control when you do that (after the class is
 available).

 Reference:
 http://cz.php.net/manual/en/function.serialize.php

 bye